Rastilan's Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increasing your Minecraft Memory

2 posters

Go down

Increasing your Minecraft Memory Empty Increasing your Minecraft Memory

Post  Kalledon Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:13 am

First figure out how much RAM (Random Access Memory) you have to work with.
#1 Click the start button
#2 Type into run: dxdiag
#3 A window should load and it should say XXXX RAM.
That's how much memory you have... congrats!

Now minecraft uses a default memory of 495Mbs, but you can allocate more. Here's how you do it (assuming you have more).

#1First create a .txt file in the same folder as your minecraft.exe.
#2Then open that file.
#3Type these two lines of text:

@ECHO OFF
"Your java path here/javaw.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar "Your minecraft path here/minecraft.exe"

*Note that the above uses 1024MB of RAM so if you want higher, set it to a different number.

#4Then save that file as a .bat file (aka Batch file). The way you do this is in the menu, hit Save-As, click "All File Types" and then change the name from XXX.txt to XXX.bat. The icon should change if you did it correctly and you should be able to run it. Hit F3 to make sure the allocated memory changed while running minecraft.
Kalledon
Kalledon

Back to top Go down

Increasing your Minecraft Memory Empty Re: Increasing your Minecraft Memory

Post  Rastilan Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:26 am

Hey guys just an update on this! "you would not believe how many hours i put of work into this stuff Sad"
This is for all of you using 64 bit systems and the cracked client!
as I figured out the client itself does not load properly with java like this, so I have this .jar version with a custom java loader , just extract and run the .bat! ENJOY!

64 bit cracked .jar and loader

--i would also like to point out that the server now runs on 64 bit at 2gbs of RAM, greatly increased the speed and stability of the server Very Happy thanks kalledon for bring this to my attention--
Rastilan
Rastilan
Admin

http://harmony.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down